Hello Lovely People!
I asked you guys a little while back if you would be interested in seeing how I manage the many different responsibilities in my life and some of you seemed interested. So here is how I do it.
To give you guys some background this is usually what I have going on every week:
- Mondays and Wednesdays I have class. 10-4 (Mon) and 10-7 (Wed). I am in my last semester at SDSU as a marketing major and I am taking 4 classes.
- Tuesdays, Thursdays and some Fridays I have my internship at Pura Vida Bracelets and I am there from 9-3
- Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays I have work. The first 3 days I go straight from my internship to Sun Diego and then Saturdays and Sundays vary.
- Then depending on when I’m free I always try and schedule some shooting time with my bestie Melly so I can create content and have some fun girl time.
So that’s pretty much it! It seems like a lot because it is a lot. I knew that when I took on all of these responsibilities it would take a lot of time management and a lot of dedication. It is definitely not the easiest way to live my life but I everything I have going on in my life will help me get to where I want to go and I am truly passionate about everything I am working at.
So while there is no one thing that helps me get through this busy lifestyle there are a few tips and tricks I have up my sleeve:
- Keep a planner!
- I live by my planner. Every appointment, every collaboration, every shift, every assignment is all in one place. I am a very visual person so it helps for me to have a planner with a monthly page to see what I have coming up for the month and also a weekly page so I can make to-do lists for the day and week. I know some people have different planners for the different parts of their lives but for me personally I have to have it all in the same place or else I will definitely forget something.
- Have a routine.
- I do the same thing every morning to start my day. With everything else in my life being so hectic, and a lot of it being out of my control I find a lot of security in having a morning routine that I know will always be a constant. For me it’s coffee, washing my face, doing my makeup, getting dressed, packing my bag, and then I’m out the door ready to conquer the word. SO whether it’s a nighttime routine, a car ride routine, I believe anyone with a busy lifestyle can find comfort in having some type of constant controlled time in their day.
- Don’t be too serious.
- I think the worst thing and the worst feeling is to be too stressed about what you’re doing. Stress in moderation is a good thing, it keeps us going, and keeps us motivated however being overwhelmed and anxious is the worst. I literally have had sleepless nights trying to play work scenarios over in my head, or planning our my social media, or just being worried about what the next day has in store for me. It’s important to remember that you’re a human, and that you’re just doing your best. The world isn’t going to end if you don’t ace the test, make the sale, or if your photo gets the least amount of likes. Sometimes you need to look at life with a more light hearted perspective and you will find so much comfort and clarity
- Do what you’re passionate about!
- This is what keeps me going. THIS IS EVERYTHING. A few weeks ago I was given the opportunity to intern for Pura Vida. I looked at my life, how busy it was but I knew this is something that I wanted and I’d be working and learning about something I’m passionate about. So I made it work and I made it a priority. I love my major, I love my jobs and I am soo passionate about content creation and social media marketing. Am I overwhelmed sometimes? YES. Am I constantly busy? YES. But It’s worth it. I feel like all of the different aspects of my life perfectly align and overlap. I spend my days doing work that I actually want to be doing.
I love ending my days feeling tired and accomplished. I love every little bit of the work I do and that is how I manage school, work, an internship, and instagram.