Hey Lovely People!
Happy Wednesday! As I promised here is the weekly blog post. I barely made it, but here it is. This week I wanted to share with you my Hawaii packing do’s and don’ts: what I actually packed, what I wish I left at home and what I wish I brought with me. This trip, as I do with almost all of my trips, I only packed using my rolling carry on and a duffle bag. So I had to try and pack light and bring only what I needed… however as you will see I DEFINITELY over packed. The trip was the week after Christmas with my family and we went to Aulani (the Disney resort in Hawaii). We were there for a total of five days and four nights just so you guys can gage what I was packing for.
What I had in my rolling bag:
- 5 bikinis
- 6 dresses
- 2 jackets – one denim and one leather
- 6 pairs of undies
- 2 sports bras
- 2 pairs of leggings
- 3 bras
- running shoes, converse, flip flops, lace up sandals and heels
- jean shorts
- black jeans
- 4 assorted tops
- face lotion
- tanning oil
- curling wand
- hair brush
In my duffle:
- new pura vida bracelets to take photos of
- 3 pairs of sunnies
- make up
- nail polish
- all of my chargers
- hair ties
- misc accessories (necklaces and bracelets)
As you can see I was prepared for everything however there were a few things I really had no use for:
- I really only needed 3 bikinis
- I only needed like 3 dresses
- and I only needed 1 jacket
- definitely didn’t need the heels or the converse
- didn’t wear my jeans
- didn’t need more than 2 tops
- definitely only needed on pair of sunglasses
- the nail polish I did use but it wasn’t a necessity
Things i didn’t bring but wish I had:
- a journal
- purple shampoo (travel size) – the hair was lookin a little bronzy
- a water proof phone bag
- leave in conditioner – I was out in the sun and my hair was not in great condition.
Over all this trip was so amazing. I had a great time and I am so thankful for the experience. If you are going on a tropical vacation definitely bring flowy, easy clothes that are an outfit in one piece. I lived in my jumpsuits and maxi dresses. It was also nice because the room my family booked had a washer and dryer (we are a family of 10 so god knows we need it) so I could’ve even brought less. Some things I definitely wouldn’t bring if you plan to stay on a resort are: a towel, shampoo/conditioner and a hair dryer. These are items that basically all hotels have to you don’t need to waste any space packing these.
Here are some tips if you ever find yourself at Aulani:
- go to the buffet – you can thank me later
- go on the waterslides
- go to the Secret Lagoon (ask an employee how to get there because there were sea turtles there and it was seriously the highlight of my trip
- treat yourself to a meal at Ama Ama, it’s a little nicer and more expensive but I had breakfast there (order the lobster sandwich) and it was seriously amazing.
Alright guys! That was my Hawaii packing do’s and don’ts. I hope you all enjoyed reading this and if you want to see a cold weather packing do’s and don’ts let me know! I may be packing for cold weather in the near future!